The Woolworth Building, designed in the neo-Gothic style by prominent American architect Cass Gilbert in 1913, was designated as a National Historic Landmark in 1966 and a New York City Landmark in 1983. Located in the heart of Manhattan’s Financial District, this internationally recognized 58-story American icon, which was the world’s tallest building until 1930, has been called the “Cathedral of Commerce” in reference to its resemblance to Gothic European cathedrals. Its façade features elaborate glazed terra cotta decorative elements and its ornate vaulted-ceiling lobby is designed with marble, mosaics, stained glass, painted murals, and bronze fittings. Following acquisition in 1998, Witkoff carefully restored the façade and lobby, created a below-grade parking garage, leased the base of the building to office tenants, and worked with New York City’s Landmarks Commission to secure permits for residential development of the upper floors and redesign of the building’s core. Witkoff sold the upper residential floors of the building in 2012 and maintains the lower office levels.