The Piano Factory is a residential condominium located on the East River waterfront in Astoria, Queens. The six-story Romanesque Revival style brick building, originally constructed in 1886 for the Sohmer & Co. piano company, was designated a New York City Landmark in 2007 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2014. In 2010, Witkoff purchased a defaulted loan on this property from an institutional lender, restructured the loan with the borrower, received historic tax credits for the redevelopment, and oversaw completion of the project. Upon completion, the property consisted of approximately 80 residences, ground floor retail, and parking. The Piano Factory produced record-setting rents for apartment units in Astoria at the time.